![]() |
| Bloggers sport their Maryland Day gear |
Maryland Day was last Monday, April 28. We celebrated a day early for the simple reason that we somehow got the date wrong. We got out our trusty Dishing Up Maryland cookbook and found a simple recipe for Zucchini Fritters with Thyme. We still had some shredded zucchini in the freezer from last year's farm box so it was a perfect choice.
I began by sifting together 3/4 c. flour and 1 t. backing powder and then added two eggs, and 1/4 c. milk. Once these ingredients were combined I added the thawed zucchini, 2 t. dried thyme, and 1 t. pepper flakes. When the batter was well mixed I dropped tablespoons-full onto a hot griddle with olive oil, and cooked like pancakes until done. We served these topped with plain yogurt. They were quite flavorful and filling.
See also Black Bean Fritters

