0
No-Recipe Chicken Noodle Soup
We had chicken, and we had noodles, and no other ideas for dinner last night, so I decided to try my hand at a "stone soup" version of chicken noodle soup. I used some of the herbs and vegetables that James had bought for the pork chops he prepared on Tuesday, along with some other ingredients I found in the kitchen. I started with two boneless chicken breasts which I diced and cooked. Meanwhile I chopped some carrots, celery, mushrooms, onion, and garlic; and boiled some fettuccine noodles. I drained the pasta, than used the same pan to cook the soup. I put the cooked chicken, some prepared chicken broth, and some water into the pan, then added the noodles back in, along with the diced vegetables, and some fresh herbs. I brought the soup to a gentle boil, then let it all cook for about 15 minutes. I removed the herbs and ladled into bowls. This was delicious. Some of the best soup I ever made, in fact.
Category → No-Recipe Chicken Noodle Soup » chicken , poultry , soups » my many cookbooks