0
Good food
Post holidays and it is time for Pam to play "what's in my refrigerator?" the game where I see what I can prepare with what I already have on hand without going grocery shopping. First up: Chicken and potato stew adapted from this recipe. I started by chopping and sauteeing an onion in butter, then I added some black truffle flavored olive oil to the pan and put in a diced chicken breast. While the chicken browned I peeled and chopped a carrot, and three small potatoes, and added them to the pot as well. Next I put in four cups of chicken stock followed by some dried parsley, basil and a bay leaf. I added some green beans, kale and garlic scrape that I had frozen over the summer (all from our CSA farm box) and let everything simmer for about 20 minutes. I removed the bay leaf and enjoyed this perfectly flavorful stew along with a glass of homemade barolo wine. A delicious and comforting meal on a winter's eve.