0
Sweet Potatoes Stuffed with Eggs
I saved this recipe back in November and didn't think about it again until this past weekend when I was trying to make up for lost time with "nueva recetas". I made this for breakfast on Saturday, and then forgot to write a post about it, even when I was writing posts for Sunday's breakfast and dinner. There are a lot of things I like about being fifty. My faulty memory isn't one of them. Anyway, this was easy to make. We didn't have bacon, so I made a vegetarian version. I baked the sweet potato in the microwave first, it didn't take long (perhaps 5-6 minutes) to become soft enough to slice in half and scoop out the middle. I cracked an egg into each opening, topped with shredded mozzarella, and baked at 350 for 20 minutes. I also put it under the broiler for a few minutes after. We topped these with garlic salt, and fresh basil.
Category → Sweet Potatoes Stuffed with Eggs » breakfast , eggs , vegetarian » my many cookbooks