Whipped Butternut Squash

I made this recipe almost a week ago. As simple as it was, I just didn't take the time to write about it. We are down to just a few frozen veggies from last year's CSA - a bit of squash, and some mixed greens. I found the recipe for Whipped Butternut Squash on allrecipes.com and made two minor, but very tasty adjustments. The squash had already been cooked and frozen, so I started out by thawing it. When it was soft enough, I put it in the blender along with some butter, sour cream, and nutmeg. I set the blender for puree and when everything became a light, fluffy mixture, I removed it from the blender, placed it in a ceramic bowl and put it in the microwave to warm it up. It tasted like Christmas.
◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
 

Copyright 2011 my many cookbooks is proudly powered by blogger.com